The Dallas Arts District has a lot to offer its guests in June! With the sunshine, comes a variety of outdoor activities at Klyde Warren Park including Zumba, Tai Chai, Bootcamp, Barre & Yoga and children’s activities like Medieval Times Knight Training! If the summer heat isn’t for you, head to the Dallas Museum of Art for a live game of Clue or to the incredible BIG Dance production at the Wyly Theatre. Don’t miss out on a great start to summer in the Arts District – plan your visit today!
1. Dior: From Paris to the World, featuring renowned fashion designer Christian Dior, will be displayed through September 1st at the Dallas Museum of Art.
2. Your children will love to create a masterpiece with larger than life soft blocks at Imagination Playground on the Great Lawn at Klyde Warren Park, every day in June.
3. All month, the Nasher Sculpture Center will present Sheila Hicks. Her larger than life sculptures feature awe inspiring textiles.
4. The Dallas Museum of Art presents The Fifty-Three Stations of the Tokaido, a study of the Japanese master artist Utagama Hiroshige, through November 10th.
5. Enjoy yoga in the park with Yoga with Dallas Yoga Center every Saturday in the Ginsburg Family Great Lawn at Klyde Warren Park.
6. The Nasher Sculpture Center presents Pairings: Sculpture in the Nasher and Rachofsky Collections. This fascinating exhibit places two sculptures with a commonality alongside one another, making their differences a striking talking point. Come join the conversation through August 18th.
7. Various summer art camps and children’s programs happen all month at the Dallas Museum of Art. Make sure to check out DMA website for more information.
8. A variety of food trucks arrive in Klyde Warren Park every Wednesday and Friday in June from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
9. The Dallas Symphony Orchestra presents the highly anticipated 2019 Cliburn International Junior Piano Competition Preliminaries for pianists 13 to 17 years old beginning on June 1st at the Caruth Auditorium on the SMU campus. Former First Lady Laura Bush is the Honorary Chairman for this event.
10. On June 1st, as with the first Friday of each month, admission is free to the Nasher Sculpture Center.
11. The Dallas Black Dance Theatre presents The BIG Dance with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra at the Wyly Theatre, on June 1st.
12. June 1st is Open Studio where you and your family can make art for free at the Dallas Museum of Art.
13. The Dallas Symphony Orchestra presents Firebird & Other Feathered Friends June 1st. This one-hour family concert is inspiring for all ages.
14. Get your heart pumping with Grit Fit Camp at the Muse Family Performance Pavilion at Klyde Warren Park on June 1st and 30th.
15. You’ll never forget Command Performance, an exciting, world class dance experience featuring dances by outstanding choreographers at the Winspear Opera House on June 1st.
16. Students and youth can get in free all day at the Dallas Museum of Art thanks to a sponsorship by The Heart of Neiman Marcus Foundation all day Sunday, June 2nd.
17. The Dallas Symphony Orchestra presents 2019 Cliburn International Junior Piano Competition Quarterfinals June 2nd and 3rd at the Caruth Auditorium on the SMU campus.
18. Barre with Barre in your Bedroom is a total body workout focusing on building endurance and core strength at Klyde Warren Park, June 2nd, 16th, and 30th.
19. Your dreams will come to life when Medieval Times hosts Knight Training on June 2nd at the Ginsburg Family Great Lawn at Klyde Warren Park.
20. On June 2nd and 7th, Texas Kids Parties will make balloon animals for children in Klyde Warren Park.
21. Ballet, modern, jazz and African dance are taught by The Dallas Black Dance Theater, June 3rd through 21st, in the Summer Enrichment Youth Dance Workshop 2019.
22. Your children will have fun every Tuesday in June from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM with Music and Stories with KidsWorks. This includes fun stories, music and movement at the Dallas Morning News Reading and Games Room in Klyde Warren Park.
23. Meet in the Dallas Museum of Art for French wine, cheese and much talk about Christian Dior’s autobiography on June 4th and 12th, at A Moveable Feast Book Club: Dior by Dior: The Autobiography of Christian Dior.
24. Watch Penny Candy June 5th through July 14th at the Dallas Theater Center. This playful story features a put-upon Jon-Jon and how he suffers through the worst summer ever in his 12-year-old life.
25. The Dallas Symphony Orchestra presents 2019 Cliburn International Junior Piano Competition Semifinals June 5th and 6th at the Caruth Auditorium on the SMU campus. The six finalists will each perform a recital of a work by a living composer (June 5th) and one concerto movement (June 6th).
26. Use those muscles in Zumba with Gaby, every Wednesday at Klyde Warren Park’s Muse Family Performance Pavilion.
27. Get expert information at Gallery Talks at the Dallas Museum of Art on June 5th and 19th. Walk the museum with featured guides during lunchtime.
28. Dancing in the Park with Studio 22 offers free two-step dance classes at the Muse Family Performance Pavillion at Klyde Warren Park, every Friday in June.
29. Play a live game of Clue as the Dallas Arts Museum presents Museum Murder Mystery: An Artful Game of Clue on June 7th.
30. Every Saturday in June, Lunchtime Music will fill the air at Klyde Warren Park from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM at the Muse Family Performance Pavillion.
31. The Dallas Symphony Orchestra presents 2019 Cliburn International Junior Piano Competition Finals on June 8th. Ruth Reinhardt conducts as the Dallas Symphony Orchestra performs one complete concerto with each of the three pianists. Alessio Bax serves as Jury Chairman and Laura Bush as Honorary Chairman.
32. Start your Saturday morning with Tai Chi with Tribe Wellness at the Muse Family Performance Pavilion at Klyde Warren Park.
33. Every Saturday in June, play at the Pop-Up Art Spot: Jonas Wood and the Pop-Up Art Spot: Ancient Art of the Americas for a multi-sensory art experience, at the Dallas Museum of Art.
34. Experience an energetic 45-minute Body Mountain Bootcamp every Saturday morning in the Ginsburg Family Great Lawn at Klyde Warren Park.
35. Skyline 360 Tours of Dallas with AD EX, are where you can learn by observing the skyline in Klyde Warren Park, every Saturday in June.
36. The DSO (Dallas Symphony Orchestra) Hardship Relief Concert on June 9th is a benefit concert to ease the financial difficulties of orchestra staff and their families facing illness-related costs. This year’s concert features music by Mendelssohn, Vaughn Williams, Dvorak, Copland and Stravinsky.
37. Enjoy a workout with Barre in the Park with the Barre Code – Design District, June 9th and 23rd in Klyde Warren Park at The Muse Family Performance Pavillion.
38. Enjoy upbeat music as you practice Yoga with Exhale Dallas every Sunday morning in June at Ginsburg Family Great Lawn at Klyde Warren Park.
39. The Play That Goes Wrong is at the Winspear Opera House. This hilarious romp runs June 11th through 16th.
40. Enjoy the boy band pop music at Second Thursdays with a Twist at the Dallas Museum of Art on June 13th.
41. Star Trek and Beyond with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Jeff Tyzick, is presented June 14th through 16th. This concert contains music from Star Trek, E.T. the Extraterrestrial, 2001: A Space Odyssey and Star Wars.
42. Felabration! featuring the one and only Fela Kuti brings Afrobeat to Dallas, June 14th through 16th at Hamon Hall.
43. The Nasher Sculpture Center teamed up with The Warehouse to create The Sensation of Space, viewed at The Warehouse’s 16 galleries. Savor the special tour for Nasher members on June 15th.
44. Kick back and enjoy the 2019 Summer Movie Series June 15th and 22nd at the Ginsberg Family Great Lawn at Klyde Warren Park.
45. How to Skimm Your Life Night Out features Carly Zakin and Dani Weisberg, the founders of TheSkimm as they interact with the audience about getting your life on track, at the Wyly Theatre on June 15th.
46. Beautiful – The Carole King Musical runs June 18th through 23rd. You’ll be cheering for the girl who started with nothing, made it big and ended up being the most famous of all, at the Winspear Opera House.
47. Enjoy the play that highlights Judy Garland’s life and music with Late Night Performance: Judy Garland at the Dallas Museum of Art on June 21st.
48. The long-awaited documentary Transposed Extended will be shown at the Dallas Museum of Art on June 21st.
49. The Dallas Museum of Art presents Fabulous: The Rise of the Beautiful Eccentric which delves into the ballroom culture, nightclubs and street style to find the fabulous, June 21st.
50. Join the Dallas Arts District, the Dallas Museum of Art and the Nasher Sculpture Center as they celebrate 2019 Dallas Pride on June 21.
51. The Dallas Museum of Art presents Late Night Film: Raid of the Rainbow Lounge which depicts a police raid on a Fort Worth gay bar as well as the after-effects of the encounter, on June 21st.
52. The Meyerson Symphony Center will host Erykah Badu with the Dallas Symphony on June 21st. The Texas native will perform for the first time with the symphony in this one of a kind jam session!
53. On June 22nd and 23rd, the Dallas Symphony Orchestra will partner with the Perot Museum of Nature and Science and will perform National Geographic: Symphony for Our World.
54. The Dallas Black Dance Theatre’s Summer Intensive Professional Dance Program runs June 24th through July 5th. For professional dancers only, this program covers classical ballet, hip hop, Horton technique, jazz, Limón technique, tap and West African dance.
55. You won’t want to miss the Independence Day Celebration on the Ginsburg Family Great Lawn in Klyde Warren Park on June 29th. Ice cream, patriotic music and an outstanding fireworks display will make you smile.
The Artisan is located in the heart of the Dallas Arts District at the KPMG Plaza at Hall Arts. Our market-style restaurant offers a stylish and fun environment where guests can enjoy fresh, locally-sourced foods prepared on-site daily by our incredible culinary team.
The Terrace Bar is the perfect setting to enjoy handcrafted cocktails, premium wines, and local craft beers with an incredible view of the beautiful Dallas Arts District. Visitors to the Hall Arts Plaza can enjoy bistro-style coffee service provided by The Artisan at our modern kiosk, located in the lobby of the KPMG Tower.
Our beautiful event spaces at the Terrace Bar and Sculpture Walk host upscale gatherings for our corporate clients, social events, and the arts community.Experienced event planners available through G Texas Catering.
Supplies available through The Party Resource.
Download The ARTISAN ChowNow App, and get delicious food to your doorstep